1 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon Salt
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup lard or shortening (or bacon fat)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Whisk the egg and milk together.
4. Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients, but don't overmix
5. Let sit at room temperature till ready to cook.
6. In a metal muffin tin, place about 2 TSP of lard in each cup and place in oven.
7. When lard is very hot, pull out and pour the batter into the cups, replace in oven.
8. Puddings will cook for about 10-15 minutes, until all puffed up and golden brown on top.
9. When ready, remove from tins and place on towel to absorb extra grease.
* Yields 12 gorgeous yorkies.
* be generous with the "Simple and rich beef gravy" (from this site)