AAA steaks are dry-brined with my go-to SPG (salt, pepper, garlic) rub and then grilled to medium rare. On the cutting board, add a generous knob of herbed compound butter. As the butter melts over the hot steak, slice and serve.
Makes: 3 servings
Prep time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 2 hours, 40 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 3 AAA Strip Loin Steaks, 3/4” thick
Steak Rub (SPG):
- 4 tbsp of No Name Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp of PC® Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp of No Name Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup of No Name Butter, Unsalted
- 1/2 tsp of PC® Salt
- 1/4 tsp of PC® Black Pepper
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped PC® Rosemary
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped PC® Sage
- Combine compound butter ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into a log using plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum 2 hours.
- Combine steak rub ingredients and mix well.
- Apply a very light layer of the steak rub to both sides of the steak (½ tsp per side)
- Allow steaks to rest and chill in the fridge for 2 hours, at the same time as the compound butter.2 hours later
- Remove butter from the fridge and slice ½” rounds from the butter.
- Allow butter to warm slightly before cooking AAA Strip Loin Steaks.
- Over direct high heat, sear steaks for 2 minutes on each side
- Remove steaks away from direct heat and continue cooking, indirectly, for another 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cook until medium-rare when steaks reach 140°F.
- Remove and rest on a plate.
- As the steak rests, place butter round on the hot steak and let it melt
Slice and serve!