Number of Servings: 2 Galettes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
4 Gala apples (peeled and sliced thinly)
4 tablespoon Brown sugar
4 tablespoon Butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pre-made puff pastry (President’s Choice has a really nice one I use – I sheet)
2 tablespoon water
2 tablespoon coarse sugar (like raw cane sugar)
1/4 cup Brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon water
3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon golden corn syrup
1 tablespoon Butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Roll pastry out onto floured surface, place on top of parchment paper Caramel Sauce 1. In a heavy saucepan mix together the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, whipping cream and corn syrup
2. In a bowl, mix the cinnamon, brown sugar, flour and then toss with apples
3. Pile the filling in the center of the pastry
4. Add butter to the top of the pile
5. Roll the pastry sides up and pinch together to hold in place
6. Mix the egg and water in a bowl, and use it to brush the pastry
7. Sprinkle the coarse sugar over the crust and filling
8. Place in oven/BBQ/Traeger, on the parchment paper at 350 for ~45 minutes or until pastry is brown and crisp.
2. Bring to a gentle boil stirring for 2-3 minutes
3. Remove then add butter and vanilla.
4. Stir again
5. Drizzle the sauce over the galette just before serving.
1. Roll pastry out onto floured surface, place on top of parchment paper
1. In a heavy saucepan mix together the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, whipping cream and corn syrup
* This is Danielle Dimovski (Diva Q)’s recipe, she made in on Canada AM in August of 2010.
* The original recipe is here http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews//20100806/danielle-dimovski-100806/
* I have not made the sauce, though I will next time. I used some “Dulce de Leche” jarred stuff from President’s Choice.
* I also use President’s Choice puff pasty, they sell it frozen, and pre-rolled!
* The yield I had from this recipe was enough to fill two of the PC pastries (one box).