Bougie Beef Stroganoff
1 package egg noodles (medium or large, cooked al dente)
2 pound flank steak
3/4 cup red wine (enough to marinate the steak)
4 tablespoon Butter
4 clove garlic (chopped)
2 yellow onions (medium, chopped)
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced (or 2 cans)
4 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/3 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup Sour cream
1 dash Salt (to taste)
1 dash Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut the steak, against the grain, into thin strips more more than 3″ long
- Marinate the steak in red wine for about 2 hours. Discard wine afterwards.
- In a pan, melt the butter and fry the steak at high heat on all side, until no more pink shows
- Remove steak from the pan, heat up the pan and add the onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Sautee until soft and aromatic, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Remove veg and heat up the juices.
- Stir in the flour, mix it up well and add the broth, mix very well. Remove all the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir constantly until bubbly, lower the heat
- Add the mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir the onions, garlic and mushrooms, and steak. As well as any accumulated juices.
- Warm the mixture up and simmer until the steak is tender, if not already.
- Warm up your noodles.
- Stir the sour cream and cream cheese into the Stroganoff