Hot Roast Beed Sandwiches
1 pound roast beef (thinly sliced)
2 cup beef broth
1 onion (thinly sliced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
6 ounce can sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoon flour (too thicken the sauce)
2 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- a medium saucepan, bring beef broth to a boil.
- Add onion and garlic powder, ketchup, minced garlic and sliced onion.
- When broth comes to a rolling boil remove from heat, drop in the separated sliced roast beef
- After 2-3 minutes remove roast beef from broth using a slotted spoon.
- Return broth to stove on high setting and sprinkle flour over surface, stirring briskly to avoid lumps.
- Simmer over medium heat 5 minutes (or until it thickens).
- During the last minute, drain and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Place some Roast beef on a sliced kaiser roll or similar bread, close the sandwich if desired.
- Pour some gravy over roast beef and bread .
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you dont serve this with peas on top, my father will find you.
Leave A Comment