Dutch Oven Bread
1 tbsp yeast
3 1/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 cup luke warm water
- add to a bread machine in that order and let it go through one cycle.
- Then, I put the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a towel.
- Heat your oven to 450 F, that’s 232 C for you, with the DO in the oven.
- Once the oven came to temp, I let it go 10 more minutes to get the DO nice and hot. If your DO is not well seasoned, maybe add a little oil before heating.
- When ready, I drizzled a bit of olive oil on my hands, formed the dough into a nice ball, then placed in the DO and covered with the lid.
- Bake 30 minutes, remove the lid, bake 15-20 more minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- I used a 5 quart DO.
- I see pepperoni and cheese making its way into a future batch.
Leave A Comment