Savoury Prosciutto Brioche Rolls
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup cream (heavy whipping or coffee)
1 cup Butter
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup sugar
6 cup flour
2 teaspoon thyme (crumbled)
2 teaspoon chives, fresh (cut up into 1 cm strips)
2 tablespoon yeast
1/2 cup Milk (reserved if needed)
1 cheddar cheese, shredded (an entire block of cheese)
1 monteray jack cheese, shredded (an entire block of cheese)
8 dried hot peppers (crumbled with mortar & pestle; depends on how hot you want to make this)
1 onion finely diced (caramelized in olive oil (prepared before, & cooled))
1/4 pound prosciutto ( chopped into small strips)
- Mix first 10 ingredients,in that order, including herbs, in bread maker on dough cycle. When the machine has started to knead the dough, check to see if it is too dry (may be) and add the reserved milk, 1/4 cup at a time until it resembles a dough ball (not too wet). If it is too wet, sprinkle with extra flour.
- When machine is finished dough cycle, punch down. Roll out with a rolling pin on parchment paper in a rectangle shape until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Layer out a generous amounts of cheese over the entire rectangle of dough, alternating cheddar & Monterrey jack. Sprinkle hot pepper flakes & caramelized onions generously over the dough.
- Roll dough up along long edge of rectangle until it forms a pinwheel/jelly roll shape.
- Cut into 1 inch thick pinwheels. Place each wheel into a greased muffin pan or pan.
- Cover with parchment paper & tea towel. Place in warm, draft free area & let rise until at least doubled in size.
- Bake at 350F for between 30 to 40 minutes. Until golden brown. Serve warm
- You can also use crumbled bacon or cut up pieces of ham instead of prosciutto.
- Another variation is a sweet version with brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, butter & pecans (cinnamon sticky buns)
Leave A Comment