Maple Bourbon Chicken
6 chicken breast halves
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoon Bourbon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Combine, herbs, bourbon, maple syrup, and olive oil in large bowl. Add chicken to bowl and coat well with mixture.
- Cover and marinate for 2-3 hours. Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator making sure to reserve marinade. Put marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Place chicken on grill and allow to cook for 20 minutes. Baste with marinade the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.
- When juices run clear, remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with grilled vegetables, or a nice rice dish.
- Doubling the bourbon never hurts.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and/or green onions