Skillet Chicken Tetrazzini
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 clove garlic (minced)
1 onion (medium, chopped fine)
10 ounce cremini mushrooms ( sliced thin)
2 cup chicken broth (low sodium )
1 cup cream (half-and-half)
4 cup egg noodles
3 cup Chicken (1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (about 3 cups))
1 cup frozen peas
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh thyme (minced)
1 dash sea salt
1 dash ground pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, onion and mushrooms until golden brown (about 8 min). Transfer to bowl.
- Bring broth, half-and-half, and noodles to boil in empty pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until noodles are tender and liquid is slightly thickened (8-10 min.).
- Add chicken, peas, lemon juice, thyme, and onion mixture to skillet and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper then serve.
- Easy and tasty dish, just pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store on the way home.
- Leftover turkey can be substituted for the chicken.
- Substitute half the peas for small broccoli florets
Leave A Comment