Garlic Roasted Chicken
1 3–4 lb chicken (rinsed and patted dry)
6 clove garlic ( peeled and quartered)
1 lemon (quartered )
1 onion (quartered)
4 sprigs of rosemary
4 sprigs of thyme
1 tablespoon cornstarch (dissolved in white wine )
2 tablespoon white wine
1 scallion (minced1)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (light)
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- Fill the cavity with garlic, lemon, onion, rosemary and thyme.
- Place in a roasting pan and barbecue at 400º for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and 2 T lemon juice to the pan and continue barbecuing at 325º for another hour or so till the juices run clear, basting frequently.
- Remove the chicken to a platter and tent with foil. Skim the fat from the pan juices, reduce and add cornstarch, scallion, soy sauce and dried sage.
- Whisk the mixture and boil till the gravy thickens a bit. Remove the skin from the chicken and serve with the gravy.
Leave A Comment