Spaghetti with Oil and Garlic (Aglio e Olio)
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 clove garlic (peel and pressed)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup breadcrumbs ((not too fine!)
1/4 cup Parsley (chopped )
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound spaghetti
- This is so simple and so delicious! Make sure your pasta is about half-way done before you start though!
- In a pan, heat the oil garlic and pepper flakes, over low heat.
- Do not pre-heat the oil
- Add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parsley to the oil, cook for an additional minute.
- Add sauce to the pasta and off you go!
- I have never used panko here before…but now I am tempted to try!