Crunchy Chicken Fingers
4 Chicken breasts
1 cup flour
2 cups Breadcrumbs
2 cups Panko
1/2 tablespoon Salt
1/2 tablespoon Paprika
1 Tablespoon White Pepper
1/2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder/Granules
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder/Granules
1 Teaspoon Basil
1 Teaspoon Thyme
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Powdered Ginger
1/3 Teaspoon Mustard Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 cups of Milk
- Mix the breadcrumbs and panko, set aside
- Mix the rest of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Slice breasts up into “fingers” (4 or 5 per)
- Mix chicken into the milk and put in the fridge for at least an hour (tenderizes the chicken nicely)
- One piece at a time a piece of chicken out of the milk and dredge in the spiced flour mixture.
- Set on a wire rack to dry, about 10 – 15 minutes
- Take a strip off the rack, dip it back in the milk and roll it in the breadcrumb mix, pressing it into the chicken.
- Place back on the wire rack and allow to dry for 10 minutes
- Repeat the milk & breadcrumb process and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan to 325 – 350 degrees.
- Fry until internal temp is 180ishm about 5 minutes per piece.
- Drain on paper towels.
- You can use buttermilk for regular milk. Buttermilk can be substituted with clabbered milk if you mix 1 Tbs of vinegar or lemon juice into a cup of milk and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Buttermilk gives MUCH better results though!
- If you have no ginger, you can use allspice or mace.