8 boneless, thin pork chops. (maybe 1/2 inch thick, tops)
flour (for dredging)
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon marjoram
1 tablespoon basil
vegetable oil (for shallow frying)
8 lemon wedges
- Pound flat and wide the chops with a tenderizing hammer.
- Put flour in one shallow bowl.
- Whisk egg with salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Mix breadcrumb and herb in a 3rd bowl.
- Dredge chop in flour, dip it in egg and press both sides into the breadcrumbs. Use wax paper to separate layers of breaded chops.
- Fry the chops in a pan, with enough oil to come halfway to top of the chop.
- Serve with lemon wedge and enjoy!
- I have used fresh sourdough…it has a nice taste and finished texture.
- I like the crunch, so I now mix breadcrumbs with panko.
- Fresh breadcrumbs absorb less oil than stale.