4 teaspoon black pepper whole (can use multiple colours for visual)
2 teaspoon cloves whole
4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon bay leaves (crumbled)
2 teaspoon coriander seeds (or 1 teaspoon ground)
- Roast all the ingredients together (a cast iron fry pan with NO OIL works well for this purpose). Keep an eye on the spices, and keep them moving so they don’t burn. Once you can smell them you are almost done.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Grind (by hand in a mortar & pestle or in a grinder) into a fine powder.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- I ended up using a small coffee grinder.