Potato au Gratin
4 potatoes (large)
1/2 cup heavy cream (35%)
1 1/4 cup parmesan (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 c, freshly grated)
5 tablespoon Butter (melted)
dash salt and pepper (to taste)
- Peel potatoes and slice paper thin (like potato chips), rinse well and pat dry.
- Grease 13″ X 9″ X 2″ pan, arrange one layer of potato slices. Drizzle with 1Tbsp cream, 3 or 4 Tbsp cheese, salt and pepper.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used up, then drizzle melted butter over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45min., perhaps another 5 min. if not browned nicely.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5-10 minutes.