1 kilogram flank steak
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 tablespoon Brown sugar
3 clove garlic, chopped
2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Cut the steak lengthwise in half, then thinly slice against the grain. Put in a bowl.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet, Reserve 3 tablespoons.
- Crush remaining seeds using a mortar and pestle. Add to the beef.
- Add the soy, oil, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, 3 of the 4 green onions and red pepper flakes to the beef, stir and allow to marinate, refrigerated, for 1-24 hours.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan for several minutes on high. Add half of the beef and cook for 3-5 minutes, transfer to a warmed serving bowl and cook the remaining beef.
- Sprinkle with reserved toasted sesame seeds and green onions before serving with steamed rice.
- If you freeze your steak for 5-10 minutes beforehand, it will be much easier to slice thinly.
- Add more sesame oil to the pan, if you need, but it has a low smoke point, so be careful.
Leave A Comment