Smoked Brisket Chili
3 onions (Diced)
6 clove garlic (Pressed)
1/2 can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
3 pound Cooked Brisket (Burnt Ends and/or Chopped Slices)
1 can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 cup chicken stock
2 can red kidney beans (Rinsed)
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon Chili powder
2 tablespoon Brisket Rub
2 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Beef Concentrate
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Using a large pot, simmer the onions in the olive oil until carmelized.
- Add the garlic and simmer till fragrant
- Mix all the dry spices together, then dump them in pot.
- Keep stirring till a thick paste is formed and it looks like a mess.
- Add the diced, whole and sauced tomatoes and the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add beans, beef and concentrate.
- Simmer for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- I use both Burnt Ends and slices in mine
- 12 – 15 dried chilis also makes a big difference in this chili, it’s what Firlotte does. Simmer them with the onions and garlic. Thomson just uses the canned chipotle with adobo sauce.
- This recipe is what we used to win the “CMHC Chili Cook-Off” in November, 2012 and 2013.
- This recipe won us 1st Place at the Manotick Shiverfest Chili Cook-off in January 2013
- Firlotte likes to simmer this on his Kamado Joe, adds more charcoal flavour.
- Could you just use stewing beef here? Sure, but then its a beef chili, not brisket, but not everyone has access to a brisket.
Leave A Comment