Spiced Rhum Ham Glaze
2/3 cup molasses
1 1/3 cup spiced rhum
3 tablespoon ginger root, fresh (minced)
1 tablespoon dry mustard (heaping)
2 teaspoon cloves (ground powder)
3 hot peppers (or more to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together & bring to a boil. Simmer a minimum of 5 minutes
- Liberally coat ham or other meat
- Bake in 300 degree F oven
- Brush generously with glaze every hour
- Also makes an excellent sauce post cooking. Defat the drippings, then reduce volume by half on a simmer. 1 to 2 teaspoons of corn starch, mixed with water to make a paste; add to simmering drippings while whisking. Serve in a gravy boat.
- I usually defat using a baster, but will also cheat if not using the drippings right away & put them in the fridge or freezer so the fat solidifies on the top & is easy to remove.
Leave A Comment