2 cups frozen blueberries
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold water
3 Tbsp corn starch
1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Mix the berries, water, OJ and sugar and bring to a boil
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the corm starch, water and add the cinnamon.
- Add the water/starch mixture to the boiling berries and reduce heat.
- Stirring constantly, yest gently, simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, till you get the desired consistency.
- Do NOT use flour here, its nasty.
- You can use any kind of berry.
- I made some with fresh strawberries and mashed them a bit just before adding the water/starch. I also cheated and added some red food coloring.