Gringo Queso Dip
3 Cups Shredded Old Cheddar Cheese
3 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
3/4 Cups of milk
1/2 Cup Cream
1/2 Medium Onion, Diced Finely
1 Clove of Garlic, Minced
3 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Diced Tomatoes (I use Rotel Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, no water)
2 Tins of Diced Green Chilies
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
I Pouch KD Cheese Powder (That’s right!)
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onions.
- minutes later, add garlic and chilies.
- Sautee until onions are translucent.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Slowly add the mil and cream, stirring continuously.
- Heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- /2 cup at a time, add the cheese. Stir in to melt, and add another 1/2 cup. And so on.
- Once the sauce is thick and cheese all melted, stir in the sour cream.
- Gradually add the KD Powder till you get the colour and salt you are happy with
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or bread. Or a spoon, I won’t judge you.
- Fresh jalapenos would be a nice addition, if kids didn’t exist.
- KD Shake in the jar is the same as the pouches. Yes, it sounds crazy, but I felt that this goofy addition actually improved this dish big time in colour and taste
- I love the Tostito’s jarred stuff so that’s what I used as inspiration.
- If you use Velveeta as a substitute, God kills a puppy.
- This keep well for 36 hours. Actually, I am sure it would last for 4 days or more, but its usually gone within 36 hours here.