Beef Barley Soup
1 dash olive oil (a splash)
2 carrot, large (chopped)
2 celery stalk, large (chopped)
1 onion, medium (chopped)
1 dash salt and pepper ( to taste)
3 cup cooked beef (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon worchestershire sauce (a splash (optional))
1 dash basil, oregano, garlic powder (to taste)
8 cup beef stock or broth
1 can diced tomatoes (including liquid) , large can
3/4 cup dried pearl barley (3/4 to 1 cup (be careful not to add too much, makes things thick!) )
- Heat the olive oil and butter in soup pot on medium low heat.
- Add carrot, onion and celery. Add a pinch of salt. Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add beef, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Continue to cook for a 2 more minutes.
- Add a splash of worcestershire sauce
- Add remaining ingredients, bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cook for at least an hour to allow the barley to expand and become soft.
Leave A Comment