2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1/2 cup pancetta or bacon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cup beef stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 156 ml can of tomato paste
1 cup cream
- Heat oil in a pan, add carrots, onion and celery.
- As they warm up and sweat, add garlic.
- cook for just long enough to soften, not to add any colour.
- Add the meats and cook until pink is all gone.
- Add the paste, wine and stock, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, uncovered for one hour. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the cream, add S&P to taste and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- This is a good, basic sauce. Not really big on taste though…no seasonings afterall.