1/2 pound lean beef steak (flank, bavette, ribeye)
4 tablespoon soy sauce (reduced sodium)
1/2 cup beef broth
2 teaspoon corn starch (2 to 2 1/2 t)
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 cup broccoli, in small flowerets
1 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 cup red pepper (diced)
4 green onions (sliced into 1″ pieces)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
cooked rice (enough for four portions)
- Slice beef thinly across the grain. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and set aside to marinate while you get everything else ready.
- Mix together the broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger and set aside. Spray a cold frying pan or wok with non-stick spray and heat to mid high heat.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and green onions. Cook, stirring at all times, for 3 or 4 minutes. Vegetables will be tender but still crisp. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add the oil to the wok, being careful as the pan is quite hot. Add beef slices and stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes until beef is just slightly pink in the center. Push the beef away from the center of the pan.
- Stir the sauce mixture again then add to the center of the pan. Cook the sauce with the beef, stirring at all times, until the sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Return the vegetables to the wok or pan. Stir all together until everything is well coated and heated through. Serve over rice.