8 leaves of cabbage
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup tomato juice
16 ounce tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 onion, chopped
1 egg (beaten)
- Mix ground beef, onion, juice, egg, S&P and rice in a bowl. Separate into 8 portions.
- Roll beef filling into a cabbage leaf, and place seam-side down in a pan
- In a bowl, mix sauce, lemon, worcestershire and sugar
- Pour mixture over top of the rolls
- Bake at 350 till done, ~45 minutes.
- To soften the cabbage, boil the head for about 5 minutes. Leaves will come off easier and be easier to work with.
- Otherwise, par boil the leaves alone, to soften for rolling