Simple Fried Rice
4 cup pre-cooked rice (day old is always better)
5 eggs, beaten
5 green onions
2 stalks of celery
1/2 vidalia onion
1/2 cup baby peas, frozen
5 tablespoon sesame oil
5 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- Slice the onion and celery
- Chop the green onion
- Heat up your wok/pan with sesame oil
- Fry the onion and celery till they soften a bit. Nice to get a sear on them.
- Remove veg, set aside.
- Scramble your eggs into small pieces, and set aside.
- Add more sesame oil, when hot, add the rice
- Get the rice hot, seared and crispy in some parts.
- Add soy sauce to taste, mix well.
- Add the eggs, onions and celery back in
- Continue to mix and fry up.
- When ready, remove from heat, toss in the green onion and frozen peas.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, spoon up and eat
- Add mushrooms, peppers, bean sprouts, bacon, chicken, shrimp. Go nuts! There is no limit.