Cast Iron Mussels
3 pound mussels, sorted and cleaned (de-bearded, de-barnacled, and left in shells)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoon chopped chives
Sea salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet on side burner or grill on high heat for 15 minutes, skillet must be VERY hot.
- Mix oil, garlic, and chives in a bowl and set aside.
- Place mussels into skillet and shake it around a bit to settle them in.
- Once the mussels have steamed open and are fully cooked, pour oil mixture over mussels, season with salt and pepper and serve with baguette and white wine.
- This recipe might test the “seasoning” of your skillet. If there is a messy residue, fill the skillet halfway with water and heat until residue lifts off.
Leave A Comment