600 gram gemelli pasta (fresh or dry)
1 liter tomato sauce
2 cup roasted peppers (sliced)
1 pound spicy italian sausage (remove from casing) (ground)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup white onion (thinly sliced)
1/2 cup parmigiano cheese
- Saute sausage, peppers, garlic, and onion in olive oil until sausage is cooked.
- Cook pasta until al dente (approx 6-8 min.)
- Combine sausage mixture with pasta and garnish with cheese
- This dish comes courtesy of Chef Emanuele of Poco Pazzo fame.
- I prefer to prepare this dish in a wok, as you can start with the sausage until cooked then move it around to add garlic and onion, etc.