Shrimp Fra Diavolo
1 pound shrimp (large raw, peeled, deveined)
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoon olive oil (plus 1 – 2 tsp)
1 can diced tomatoes (large! )
3 clove garlic (chopped, large cloves)
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
3 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
3 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the salt and pepper flakes. Heat the 3 tbsp of oil over in a pan over medium high. Add the shrimp and toss for about a minute, then let cook for another minute or two. Transfer the shrimp to a plate and put aside.
- Add onion to the skillet, and add another 1 -2 tsp of oil if necessary, saute until onion is translucent, maybe 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with their juice, wine, garlic and oregano. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Return shrimp and any accumulated juices back into the sauce and simmer for about a minute to let the flavours meld. Stir in the parsley and basil. Add salt to taste and serve!
- Best with larger noodles like linguini or spaghetti, to better hold the sauce.
- A family favourite we dont make often enough.