Grilled Scotch Bonnet Hot Sauce
2 pound Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Red, ripe peppers are best)
1 Unripe Mango (Grab the least ripened fruit you can find)
1 Garlic bulb
1/2 cup Vinegar
2 tablespoon Fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoon sea salt
- Grill all peppers, mango slices, and garlic until charred and roasted.
- Quarter peppers and add to blender with diced mango and garlic cloves a little at a time along with vinegar, pepper, and salt.
- Blend, then add more.
- Continue until all ingredients are blended, then transfer to small pot and simmer until bubbling.
- Lower heat and continue to simmer for between 30 minutes and one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Depending on consistency, return to blender to puree further.
- Bottle in small mason jars and let cool.
- Use as a condiment on burgers, dogs, sandwiches, or as a cooking ingredient.
- Not everyone will appreciate the fumes that will take over your grilling area, or your kitchen… wear gloves while working with the peppers… enjoy!