10 bacon strips
Your favourite BBQ rub
1 teaspoon brown sugar (not the dark, dark brown, I use yellow for this)
- In a shallow pan, lay out the strips of bacon.
- Shake some rub over the bacon.
- Add some sugar to each strip, maybe a TSP.
- Smoke over hickory for one hour at 225.
- Flip the bacon, reapply rub and sugar.
- Smoke for another hour at 250.
- Remove and let cool before eating…or storing, if you can!
- This was originally inspired by Diva Q’s recipe for Pig Candy, so all credit goes to her!
- This obviously is not healthy eating, so share!
- Before allowing the bacon to cool, remove from the rack and replace. Otherwise, the bacon adheres to the melted sugar and the rack and it’ll be tough to remove when it cools.