Atomic Buffalo Turds
12 Jalapeños seeded and halved.
1 pound cream cheese (1 brick)
1 pound bacon (cut in half)
1/4 cup grated Romano
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1/2 cup smoked mozzarella (grated)
1/2 teaspoon gran garlic
1 teaspoon smoked ancho powder
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/2 onion finely diced
2 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Mix all ingredients other than the jalapenos and bacon together.
- Fill the halves of the jalapenos with the mixture and wrap with 1/2 strip of bacon.
- Smoke at 225-250 until the cream cheese is bubbling out the edges.
- Other spices can be substituted for the Ancho and Chipotle powder to suit your preference.
- If preparing more than one batch, or, if you are sensitive to the oils be sure to wear gloves.
- The longer you smoke them the less hot they will be.
- Room temp bacon is MUCH easier to wrap
Leave A Comment