Roasted Brie and Garlic
1 round of Brie
2 garlic bulbs (large! )
1 loaf French bread
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 bunch Fresh chives (or favourite fresh herb for garnish)
- Set oven or smoker to 350F.
- Cut 1/4 inch off the top of the bulb and strip away outer layers of skin.
- Sprinkle bulb tops with oil, salt, and pepper. Place garlic on grill for initial 15 minutes.
- Place brie on a layer of foil or pie pan and smoke for another 30 minutes alongside garlic.
- Scoop cheese out of wax, into a bowl.
- Crush garlic over brie and serve on sliced french bread.
- Personally, I add all the cheese rind.
- For seasonal appetizers, add a glop of cranberry sauce on top of the brie.
- Great with a loaf of crusty bread.