Classic BBQ Ribs
The classic 3-2-1 method for Smoking Pork Ribs. See the notes about rib sized and how they affect the cook time.
1 rack of ribs (pork ribs – large slab)
1 pork rub (to coat each rack, front and back)
1 Rib sauce (to coat each rack, front and back.)
- Pull membrane off the back of the ribs.
- Generously apply the pork rub over each rack, front and back. Rub it in.
- Smoke for 3 hours.
- Increase temp to 250 for 90 minutes.
- Put ribs into foil packs, with no added liquids, close loosely.
- Back into the smoker at 300 degrees for another hour.
- Remove ribs, sauce them and back onto the smoker for another 15 – 30 minutes on Smoke.
- Remove, slice up and serve!
- The braising period (In the foil wrap) can be adjusted to your preference. Like them softer? Add more time.
- Baby Backs should have a 2 hour braise, not 3, they will be too soft
- I don’t add juices or sugars to the foil pack as they can burn up
Leave A Comment