1 leftover turkey carcass
2 onions (medium)
3 celery stalks (diced)
3 carrots (large – diced
2 potatoes (medium/large – diced)
1 cup spaghettini (broken up into 1 inch long pieces)
2 cup frozen assorted vegetables
2 tablespoon dehydrated chicken broth
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 dash fresh ground pepper (to taste )
- Put turkey carcass in large soup pot, add enough water to cover bones with another three inches on top. Bring water to boil, then simmer for two to two and a half hours. Strain and let cool, then skim fat from stock. Remove all meat from carcass (about four cups) and set aside.
- Dice onions, celery, carrots, and potatoes. Put turkey meat, vegetables, and spices in pot with cooled stock and return to heat.
- Bring to boil, add vegetables and cook for another 20 minutes. Add pasta, cook another 20 minutes.
- The frozen vegetables and pasta were decided upon as filler due to there being too much stock for my taste. Your mileage may vary.
- Might also have gone with more salt and pepper.