Potato Bean Soup
1 onion (small)
2 celery stalks (2 to 3)
1 potato (large, new)
1 mushroom bouillon (cube)
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Pepper (coarsely ground)
1 can navy beans (19 oz)
pinch sea salt
- Finely chop and saute, in 2 tbsp olive oil: the onion, celery and potato.
- Add the bouillon, water, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Add the navy beans, including the liquid.
- Remove two cups of soup, puree in a blender and return to the pot.
- Simmer an additional 20 minutes.
- Recipe is courtesy of my friend, Tina Klein Walsh. Thanks, Tina!!