1 cup cornmeal
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups of milk
- Combine your dry ingredients.
- Combine your wets.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well.
- Dry off hot dogs with paper towels, coat with flour, and skewer through the center of the corndog.
- Heat 2″ deep oil to 370 degrees F.
- Dip skewered hot dogs into batter mix and coat evenly.
- Fry until golden brown about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Let cool and drain on a paper towel.
- Yellow mustard is the only acceptable condiment for a corn dog a pogo or a pronto pup. Unless you hate freedom, that is.