Flaky Pie Crust
6 pie crusts
1 pound lard (like Tenderflake)
6 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the lard.
- In a 250 ml cup, crack the egg, and whisk it. Add the vinegar and top up the cup with the ice water.
- Slowly add the liquid to the flour. Mix constantly, and you may not need all the liquid.
- If the dough is too wet, the crust will be tough.
- Form a ball with the dough, and break it out into 6 equal portions.