Spinach and Feta Stuffed Tenderloin
2 pork tenderloins
1 bunch fresh spinach
1 feta cheese
1 bunch fresh oregano
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
1 pound bacon
1 dash salt and pepper
1 tablespoon Butter
5 clove garlic
- Trim the loins down as cleanly as you can
- Steam the spinach till softened
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the garlic
- Once the garlic starts to brown up, add the mushroom.
- Once the mushrooms have released some liquids, add the spinach
- Saute until liquids are gone and remove from pan. Allow to cool.
- Filet and roll out the tenderloins to about 1/4 thick
- Spread the spinach mushroom mixture to coat both loins
- Add cheese, chopped fresh oregano and S&P
- 10) Roll up the loins and wrap them in bacon. YEAH!
- 11) Cook until meat reaches 175 degrees
- 12) Let stand for 10 minutes, then slice 1 – 1 1/2 inch thick.
- I cook these in the the Traeger, but there’s no reason why you can’t do it in an oven, or on indirect heat on a gas grill.
- On the Traeger, I would smoke these for about 3 hours, and up the heat at the end till I hit temp.