Thomson’s Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
8 pound extra lean ground beef
1 stalk celery small diced
3 pound yellow onions, small diced
2 pound baby carrots, small diced
5-8 garlic bulbs, chopped (not minced)
8 can diced tomatoes ((28 oz / 769 ml) ) or 2 GIANT cans
8 cups of beef broth
3 can tomato paste ((12 oz / 369 ml) )
8 can tomato sauce ((24 oz / 680 ml) )
4 can tomato soup
1 Jar Heinz chili sauce
1/3 cup dried oregano
1/3 cup dried rosemary
1/3 cup dried dried thyme
1/2 cup gochugaru (Korean dried chilies – not crazy hot)
- In a LARGE stock pot, add oil, onions, carrots, celery and salt
- Saute till onions begin to sweat, then add garlic
- Saute for another 5 minutes, add the herbs and seasonings
- Add all tomato products and beef broth
- Break up the meats and add them to to cool pot of sauce
- Simmer for 2-3 hours, and enjoyt!
- This make almost 75 cups of sauce, that’s a lot of sauce.
- That said, I have a baguette beside the stove that I tear pieces off and dunk in the sauce as I snack and sample all day long.
- If not for my kids, I would also add a good 5 pounds of sliced mushrooms in there
- I use my food processor to chop the veggies. A few pulses get sit just right.