Ginger Clementine Cheesecake
1 graham wafer crust
2 cream cheese (250 g)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoon ginger, ground
1 can clementines (drained with juice reserved)
- Toffee Glaze Topping:
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup light muscovada sugar or regular dark brown sugar
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream plus reserved juice
- Add in about 1 teaspoon of cardamon to the graham crumbs, then melt the butter and then cover the bottom of the pan with the mixture, can use pre-bought too. Set this aside.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs and ginger, blend well.
- Pour into pan with crust (springforms work well, as do pie plates, or ramekins).
- Bake at 350F for approx 40 minutes
- Let cool then refrigerate for 3 hours. Arrange clementine pieces around the top in an expanding circle.
- Toffee Glaze
- Heat butter and sugar together until butter is completely mixed in. Add the juice reserved from the clementines and the cream.
- Heat to a slow simmer, whisking so it doesn’t burn until liquid reduces significantly (by about 1/2).
- It is ready when a ball forms when a teaspoon of the liquid is dropped into a glass of cold water.
- Drizzle generously over cheesecake.
- Top with whipped cream.
- The spices can be put into the cheesecake itself, the crust of the topping. It’s all good. I’ve also done it with nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice
- If there is more sauce than can go over the top of the cake serve it warmed on the side in a jug (can keep it liquid in a simmering water bath).