Simple Biscuits From Scratch
1 Cup Cold Butter (Cubed small)
5 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons White Sugar
5 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Large Eggs
1 Large Egg, beaten and set aside.
1 1/2 Cups Cold Milk
- Use a pastry cutter to mix the flour and butter.
- Add sugar, baking powder and mix again.
- Add eggs and milk combine until you form a dough ball.
- Transfer the dough to a work area and knead the dough.
- Roll with a pin to 1/2″ thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter (or cup) to cut out biscuits
- Brush the tops with a beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.