Ultimate Ribeye Steak
4 rib eye steaks
4 tablespoon Butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 dash Salt (to taste)
1 dash Pepper (to taste)
- Optional sauce
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1 cup red wine
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup fresh chopped herbs (basil, oregano, chives, parsley, etc.)
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat grill to 500F, preheat cast iron skillet on side burner on high heat. Lightly brush steak with oil, place in center of skillet and wait EXACTLY two minutes before flipping it over, placing it in the center of the skillet again and leaving it for EXACTLY two minutes.
- Transfer skillet to grill, placing pat of butter in the middle of the steak and closing lid for about two minutes (times will vary based on individual grills and desired doneness of the steak), you want the steak at about 125F for medium rare. Remember to shoot for about 5 degrees lower than your target as the steak will continue to cook for a few minutes after you take it off the grill.
- Place the steak on a plate and tent with foil for five minutes to finish cooking, to let the juices even out, and to let the meat relax. Enjoy one of the most tender and tasty steaks ever in the history of meat.
- But wait, there’s more! The bonus round consists of tossing a small handful of chopped shallots, a cup of red wine, fresh herbs, and some dijon mustard in the hot skillet which already has the steak juices and caramelized butter. Mix it up to make a sauce to pour over the steak as well as baked potato, vegetables, etc. if desired:
- Any choice cut will work with this method, something tender. It might take some experimentation to get the perfect time to leave the steak on the grill with butter.