Chicken and Dumplings
8 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
2 TBS Olive Oil
4 Carrots, Chopped
2 Onions, Chopped
4 Ribs of Celery, Chopped
4 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
10 Cups of Chicken Stock + 2 more cups
3 Bay Leaves
3 TSP Dried Thyme
S&P To Taste
2 Cups Flour
4 TSP Baking Powder
1 TSP Salt
2 TSP Dried Parsley
3/4 Cup Milk
4 TBS Olive Oil
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed Dutch Oven or Stock Pot
- Fry the chicken in two batches, 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and put aside
- Add the celery, carrots, onions, garlic and thyme to the hot oil
- Stir until softened then add the chicken stock, bay leaves and chicken thighs (with any juices)
- Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes till the chicken is cooked
- Remove the thighs and shred the chicken with a pair of forks.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 2 cups of stock with 1 cup of flour until smooth
- Gently pour that mixture into the pot and stir until the flour cooks up and the sauce thickens. Repeat until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- 10) In a bowl, mix the wet and dry dumpling ingredients
- 11) Drop 8 – 10 spoonfuls of the dumpling dough onto the top of the chicken mixture in the pot, cover and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, until the dumplings are fully cooked.
- 12) Enjoy!