Egg-free Dairy-free Nut-free Chocolate Cake
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoon vegetable oil (I use extra light olive oil)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cold water
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and grease an 8×8 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients.
- Add the oil, vanilla and vinegar and mix just until thoroughly moistened.
- Pour in cold water, and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When our (now adult) Daughter was less than a year old, we thought she might have been allergic to eggs. So, when her Birthday rolled around, we went hunting for an egg-free cake and stumbled across this recipe.
- It is so moist and, well, delicious, that we made it for all the kids’ cakes for Birthdays or just cupcakes. People always loved them and asked for the recipe.
- Makes 12 cupcakes
Leave A Comment