Chicken Shawarma Meat
1 large garlic clove , minced (or 2 small cloves)
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground cardamon
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/2 tsp to make it not spicy)
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the dry ingredients, add the oil
- Mix the chicken well, set aside for 2 hours to overnight
- Grill over charcoal, do not over cook!
- Chop it roughly for use in Shawarma in Pita!
- You could grill, smoke or oven bake the chicken
- You could use breasts in place of some thighs, but not all…you need the flavour of the thigh here!
- Goes especially well with our Lebanese Garlic Sauce