Grilled Shrimp Tacos
1/2 cup Sour cream
3 tablespoon mayonnaise
3 tablespoon Milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 pound shrimp (large, peeled)
3 tablespoon Butter (melted)
2 clove garlic (large cloves, minced)
4 limes (cut into quarters)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 6-inch corn tortillas
3 cup finely shredded green cabbage (2 – 3 cups)
1 bottled green tomatillo salsa
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- Skewer the shrimp. (If using wood skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand.) In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic.
- Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust to medium after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.)
- Brush the skewered shrimp with the garlic butter. Place them on the grill with the limes. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are opaque and the limes are browned. Remove from grill. Lightly salt the shrimp.
- Grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then place inside a paper bag to keep warm.
- To serve, pull the shrimp off the skewers and divide them evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a spritz of grilled lime.
- Rainy-Day Method: Broil the shrimp and limes about 4 inches from the heat using the Total Times above. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes, or wrap them in a napkin and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Suck it, Trebek (RIP)
- Garnish with fresh green onions and cilantro