Shrimp and Scallop in White Wine Sauce
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (medium, chopped)
3 clove garlic (minced)
6 ounce shrimp (small)
6 ounce scallops (small)
1/2 cup white wine
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoon chicken stock
3 tablespoon low salt butter
1/2 lemon (juice of (1.5 – 2 Tbsp))
2 tablespoon dried parsley
2 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated)
1 dash sea salt (to taste)
1 dash Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil over medium high heat then add garlic and onions, stirring for one minute. Add shrimp and scallops, stirring for two minutes.
- Add wine, basil, red pepper, and chicken stock. Allow to simmer for two minutes. When cooked shrimp will turn pink and scallops will be opaque.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese.
- Toss with rice or layer over pasta. Any extra juices may be used for dipping warmed bread.
- I usually serve this on a bed of egg noodles with a basket of sliced baguette. Thanks to chef Mark Ford!
Leave A Comment