4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup onion (diced)
1/2 green pepper (diced)
1 cup celery (diced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 pound ground beef (1 to 1 1/2 lb) (Kim has done it with ground chicken)
1 can tomatoes (28 oz) (diced)
1 tablespoon chili powder (1 to 2 T)
2 tablespoon cold water
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoon sugar
1 can Stokely’s dark red kidney beans (28 oz)
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon Oregano
- In large saucepan, cook onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in veg. oil until almost tender stirring often.
- Add beef fry uncovered until cooked.
- Add tomatoes and chili powder which has been mixed with the cold water. Add salt, cumin and oregano.
- Cover and bring to boil, then turn to simmer.Simmer about 1 hour. When thickened, drain fluid from beans, add and heat through.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.