Sesame Salmon Fillets with Red Onion and Ginger Cream
4 salmon fillets (thick! )
3 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon Butter
1/2 red onion (small, thinly sliced)
1 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger root
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 cup 35% whipping cream
1 dash salt and pepper ( to taste)
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; press salmon into seeds. Place skin side down on buttered, foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in 450F oven for 10-15 minutes or just until white juices appear.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute onions and ginger until soft, about 5 min. Stir in vinegar until evaporated. Stir in cream, bring to a boil for two minutes, stir in salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce on serving plates and top with salmon fillets.
- Rice or steamed vegetables make an excellent side dish.
- Photo Credit to the Dairy Famers of Canada