Weeknight Beef Stroganoff
1 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
2 onions (diced)
4 clove garlic (minced)
1 pound mushrooms (chopped rough)
5 tablespoon Butter
2 tablespoon flour
2 cup beef stock
1 can cream of chicken soup (Ready-to-eat)
1 cup Sour cream
- In 2 T of butter, simmer the onions till browned on edges, but not all caramelized. Set aside
- In 1 T of butter, sautee the mushroom and garlic till fragrant and soft. DO not brown. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef. Set aside.
- In a good-sized pot, heat 2 T of butter.
- Add flour, stir into a bubbly paste.
- Slowly pour the beef broth in, stirring the entire time.
- Once heated till thickened, add the beef, onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add 1 can of ready-to-eat Cream of Chicken soup and heat thoroughly. Stir often.
- Just before serving, add sour cream and heat through.
- 10) Server over pasta or rice
- I make this with a full pack of broad egg noodles. Good times.